Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Three Amigos?"

More like 2 Amigos and the TOOL they're forced to hang-out with... if you get my drift... if not... Gokey is a tool (better?)

We're ranking tonights performance in order of WORST to BEST (add a little suspense and all that jazz)... so let's get to it!

6. DANNY - "Dance Little Sister" by Terrence Trent Darby: Danny went straight back to screaming at us to get his point across! There was no feeling.. no finesse to his vocal. Paula's song choice painted Danny into a very dated box... I really wasn't digging the early 90's Miami club vibe this song invoked!

5. ADAM - "One" by U2: This one made me long for Bono... and never in my life have I ever longed for Bono. The arrangement was way too theatrical and was almost completely melody-less! Quite a miss-step for Mr. Lambert.

4. DANNY - "You Are So Beautiful"by Joe Cocker: While I enjoyed this more than his first performance Danny had some major breath control issues going on (flash backs to Archie! AHHH!) This arrangement lent towards a "gospel rivival" feel that suits Danny, but not really Top 40 music!

3. KRIS - "Apologize" by One Republic: I absolutely L-O-V-E (LOVE) Kris at the piano and pray he brings it out during the Idol tour, but I'll have to agree with Simon this was a 'competent' vocal, but his musicanship (is that even a word?) bumps him up at least on my scale! I enjoyed the few liberties he took with the phrasing, but would have loved to see more!

2. ADAM - "Cryin" by Aerosmith: I actually really liked this vocal... until the background singer came in and the tounge came out! It showed the kind of music Adam could get away with making... even though Aerosmith isn't exactly topping the charts right now!

1. KRIS - "Heartless" by Kanye West: This was the closest to an "In A Dream" moment Idol's had since BO! Was it a perfect vocal... probably not, but it was so REAL and GENUINE and HEARFELT! I honestly believe neither Adam & especially Danny have the "artisty" to pull off an acoustic moment like this! Kris threw down everything he had on that stage and I LOVED IT! I'm so proud of him for taking a stand, taking a chance, and not compromising himself for the Idol stage! This just might have been the most unique moment Idol saw this year...

So who stays and who goes? Kris had a pretty stellar night on the Idol stage and really fought for his spot in the finals, Adam has consistently provided entertainment all season and Danny is a tool.... you do the math!

I really think Kris might have done enough last night to join Adam in the finale! :-) But I will try my best not to get my hopes up to high... in case America is blind, deaf and dumb...

Hopefully my 3600 (that's insane huh? the joys on unlimited texting) make a difference!!

Fingers crossed kids... fingers crossed!

No comments: